How To Think In English? - Improve Your English! - Learn English
July 4, 2022 1:01 PM
Here are the 5 best ways to help you think in English! In today’s global day and age, it is very important to know how to speak in English fluently! These tips will help you improve your English and communication skills. Learn how to speak in English from the best teachers worldwide!
How does one learn to think in English? One may wonder. Why is it necessary?
This video will teach you the basics and the top ways of how to think in English (YouTube Link)
It is because it helps you catch pace with your peers and helps you feel more comfortable with a group of English-speaking individuals.
If you reside where various individuals converse in English, you may utilize the language all throughout the day. So, it might become an essential part of your 'in-mind oration';
In simpler terms, one begins thinking in that language. The brain stops rephrasing things in your mother tongue and starts to think in English.
There's a probability that you live where English is not the prioritized language. It may be your reality. You might not have many opportunities to improve your English.
When you communicate, your oration might be more sluggish than you would like; because your brain is still rephrasing from your mother tongue, which could seem artificial.
English, like every other language, has its skeleton of terminology.
It can bring you a degree nearer to being fluent, and only constant practice in English can help you achieve this goal.
THE 5 BEST TIPS TO HELP YOU THINK IN ENGLISH(Sub Header)
- ONE WORD AT A TIME:
- Various language experts noted that the most reasonable way is to start by taking baby steps. So, the first step would be to think in individual terms.
- Take a quick look around you. In your mind, attempt to pinpoint each thing around you in English.
- Once you persist with this, it will become more of a habit, so things will eventually occur in your head – A Leaf, a cupboard, clouds, a car, etc.
- SENTENCES ALL THE WAY:
- Once the above exercise gets easy, you can start doing the same with phrases.
- Again, you look around at your surroundings; and rephrase from your mother tongue to English.
- For example- "The children are playing with a ball.", "The Gardener is watering the plants.", "The old man is parking his scooter.", etc.
- SUMMARISE YOUR DAY:
- Get a hold of a family member, a friend, or a mirror! Now orate everything you did in one whole day; things that happened to you, things you witnessed, etc.
- If you're unable to translate a particular word, try describing it; for example- PARK: A place where children play.
- It will help you increase fluency in the English language and will even build your confidence when you speak in English.
- PEN DOWN WHAT YOU LEARN:
- Writing what you learn or what you want to memorise is the fastest way to keep a grasp on your knowledge.
- It will help you relive all the conversations you made using new words and sentences.
- BE AN OPPORTUNIST:
- Take advantage of situations that can be a learning experience. For example- speak in English with the pizza delivery executive while ordering a pizza; speak to the cashier in English while billing your groceries; ask for directions in English, etc.
- You must also pay attention to the answers you receive to the above questions; this will help you when the next time someone else asks you for directions or something else.
I hope the tips mentioned above help you think in English and help you be more fluent.
Remember, practice makes perfect! So keep practicing to improve your English!