The meaning of PRONOUN is any of a small set of words (such as I, she, he, you, it, we, or they) in a language that are used as substitutes for nouns or noun phrases and whose referents are named or understood in the context. How to use pronouns in a sentence. What is a pronoun?
A pronoun is used in the place of a noun. It substitutes the noun in a paragraph or piece of writing to avoid repetition of the noun. Pronouns can be used in singular and plural forms. The verb used in the sentence should be used in accordance with the particular form of the pronoun used.
Examples of pronouns-
Pronouns in sentences-
1. Jake visited her.
2. She was in the class.
3. Who are they?
4. Are you looking for something?
5. Nobody was here before we arrived.
6. Jane loves movies especially if they have comedy in them.
7. She is going to the USA for further studies.
8. I had forgotten my wallet in the bedroom.